Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Friday, November 7, 2008

"Do You Care How I Look?"

Last night I was brushing Gloria's hair before bedtime. She caught my eyes in the mirror and asked "Momma, do you care how I look?" Thinking she meant things like a clean face, nice clothes, or neat hair, I replied "Of course I do." Only then did I learn that this was a trick question of sorts. I got the rolled eyes and big exhale through puffed out lips..."Not like my clothes and stuff. But how I look. You know, my brown skin and my black hair. Do you care how I look?" How was I supposed to answer that question? Neither yes or no seemed appropriate. I wrapped my arms around her, gave her a tight hug and assured her that I love her just the way she is.

No comments: