Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tricks and Treats...All Things Halloween

Yesterday was Halloween. Some tricks and some treats of the day:
  • The repair man didn't show up, for the second time. We had some damage during the remnants of Hurricane Fay. The HOA still hasn't taken care of it. Bad trick.
  • I had a parent-teacher conference as the parent. A treat in the end...I've been doing these conferences, as the teacher, for fifteen years. This is only my second year of attending a conference on the other side of the desk, and it is so hard to do! I don't really need to worry. Glo is doing great. She reads everything she can get her hands on and loves to write and illustrate stories. Her teachers always say they love her. But, I still get nervous, almost to the point of tears, before hand.
  • I took my Glo-bug to get her flu shot. Yes, on Halloween. Not nice, Momma. Bad trick.
  • We went trick-or-treating with our friends. Such a treat. We had a wonderful time and came home with a pumpkin full of candy. (The only trick in that is figuring out what is gluten-free and can be eaten by my little Auburn Tiger cheerleader.)
It was a late night last night and we both fell into bed and slept hard. Then it was off for a fun filled day of apple picking. More on that later!

No comments: