Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Words I Never Thought I Would Say

I have 7 different creches. Each one is from a different place and each one is so unique. I have two Guatemalan creches: one I purchased on my visit trip over Thanksgiving in 2003, the other a gift from my mom at the beginning of Advent in 2004. Another one is made of stained glass. Yet another one is pottery from the mountains of North Carolina. There is the wooden hand-carved one from Israel. The newest one is from Alaska. I love having them all out right now. The only drawback is that they are rather fragile. It's not Gloria that I worry about. She adores them all and loves to look at them. If she handles them, it is very gently and with such care. When she wants to play with them, she gets out her stuffed set. That leaves Hannah. And sure enough, last night I had to get her off of the top of the piano while telling her, "You may NOT play with Baby Jesus." Well...I came home this afternoon to find the Baby Jesus from Gloria's stuffed nativity set downstairs and Hannah curled up around him. I got scratched when I tried to take it from her. I guess she CAN play with Baby Jesus after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this story. God loves all- even Hannah. :)-Martha