Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Flat Tire

On Saturday, we went to Wake Forest for a birthday party. The drive up was uneventful and we just talked, sang with the CD's, and played our little word game that will fill up as much time as we allow. We enjoyed the party and Gloria made a new friend. You would have thought they were lifelong friends by the time the party was over.

After the party, we were headed to eat an early dinner with our friends before returning home. As we pulled out of the parking lot on our way to the restaurant, a strange warning light came on over my tachometer. Then I started hearing "thunk-a, thunk-a, thunk-a." Gloria heard it too and started to worry. I was pretty sure what it was and fortunately we were pulling into the restaurant parking lot at that time. I parked, got out, and sure enough...the rear driver's side tire was flat as a pancake. Gloria saw it and her worry kicked into high gear..."Are we going to have to get a new car? How will we get home?" I thought I was going to be sick...hey...I'm a teacher and it's five days 'til payday. Enough said.

There was an automotive place across the parking lot. So I "limped" over there on my flat tire while Gloria and our two friends and daughters walked. I also called my mom because I could cry for a moment without Gloria seeing me stressed about the tire. Inside, I explained that I had a flat tire and needed to return home (180 miles away) that night but was worried that I might need new tires which I just could not afford at that moment. The man in the store said they would take a look at it and call my while we were eating. Back across the parking lot we traipsed.

I kept an eye/ear on my phone the entire time, but it never rang. We finally left and went back across the parking lot to see what was going on. As we got closer, I saw my car with four tires, all inflated properly. When I walked in, my keys were handed to me with "Have a nice day." That's all! Just my keys and "Have a nice day." WHAT??? Turns out I had a nail in my tire, they pulled it out and plugged the hole, and sent me on my way. I must have thanked him a dozen times. I was stunned--that just doesn't happen...at least not to me...and really not in the current state of the economy. Now it will be our turn to "pay it forward."

No comments: