Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hi/Lo Thursday

This post is part of "Hi/Lo Thursday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to read everyone else's "Hi/Lo" posts.

We talk about the best and worst things about our day over dinner each night. It provides giggles as well as a way to talk about difficult encounters. So, tonight I asked Gloria to think about the best and worst things about the past week.

Her "hi" was predictable: the snow we had on Tuesday. Her "lo" might seem trivial to most of us, but to a kindergartener it was hurtful: "_______ said my soup smelled bad at lunch today." Granted, it's not your usual six-year old fare...broccoli, potato, and cheese soup. But she loves it and enjoys having a warm lunch on a chilly day.

For me, I had to think a little harder. My "hi" was the same as Gloria's: the snow on Tuesday. I love having an unexpected day off. Not only that, but I didn't have a long list of things I had to accomplish. Therefore, we could play outside and throw snow, chase each other, and squeal with delight. My "lo"...worrying about my mom as she flew to and from Orlando. Even without the plane landing in the Hudson River last week, I hate flying and hate when someone I know or love is flying. It makes me physically ill to think about until I know they are at their destination safely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you do not like flying. Has Will mentioned that I strongly dislike it as well. I only get on one when I must. This is unfortunate since I am able fly standby for almost nothing since my father worked for Delta. The cheap flights are not enough to entice me. - Martha