Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Love You a Thousand Million

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

Gloria was 13 months old when we finally became a forever family. She learned so much so quickly, but was very slow to start talking. When she started to return my hugs or initiate one, I would say "Oh, a hug! A hug!" Then one day, she came up to me with her little arms outstretched, looked right into my eyes and said "hug-a-hug-a." I was thrilled and scooped her up into a big hug.

As Gloria has learned more about numbers, she likes to use them to tell me how much she loves me. Her latest bedtime comment is "I love you a thousand million! That's a lot of love! But you're my momma and I love you a lot." Of course then I tell her I love her even more. Her eyes get wide as she lets out a whispered "WOW!"

I put little notes in her lunch box several times each month. She always gets so excited when she discovers a little envelope peeking out of her lunch box. Now, she has started tucking little notes in my lunch box too. The one I got last week said "I love you so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much. I can't wait to see you and hug you this afternoon. Love Gloria" It's humbling to be the recipient of so much love...just because I'm Momma!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that is so sweet that she puts notes in your lunches. What a special girl!

Tanya said...

My husband does similar things for his son, I think it's just precious and so touching.

Jarka said...

this is so sweet! - wonderful post :)