Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day

We had a snow day today. Granted, there was only about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. That seems to be more than some people got in other parts of the county though.

Gloria went to bed last night knowing that it might snow. She woke up around 2:30 a.m. and wanted to get in bed with me. I had already been up a little earlier and knew that it really was snowing outside so I distracted that thought with "Why don't you look out your window and check for snow. Then you can crawl back in your own bed." I heard her get up and rattle the blinds. Then there was a whispered "Ohhhhh! It's snowing! YESSSS!!!!" And back to bed she went, most likely with a big old grin on her face.

We were both up before 6:00, trying to find out if school was closed or not. Yes, we actually close for even a few inches of snow here in the south. I knew I was out first and finally confirmed that Glo was out too. Back under the warm covers we went with PBS Kids and a coloring book for G and lazy time for me. When we finally got up and dressed, I whipped up a batch of blueberry muffins, threw them in the oven, and agreed to venture out into the cold, wet, white world. I'd much rather observe it from the comfort of a warm home...but I'm not almost 6! ;) Twenty minutes later, cold and covered with snow, we came in to enjoy fresh, hot muffins and steamy mugs of hot chocolate. We ventured out again this afternoon and threw snow on/at each other and laughed and giggled until our fingers and noses and toesies were almost numb with cold. More warm drinks thawed us out once again.

Hannah Cat did not like the cold white stuff that we tracked into the house. She would sniff at it, touch it with her paw, and back away, only to come explore it a little more closely. Repeat...sniff, touch, back away...She didn't know what to make of it.

Yes, I took pictures, but you know I don't have a digital camera...There is a roll ready to be developed now, so hopefully soon I will have a few to share!

No comments: