Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2nd

Today most of us recognize as Groundhog's Day. But for me it is the day, five years ago, when I finally got that call that all Guatemalan adoptive parents long to receive..."you're out!" which means that the final adoption decree has been issued. I was reading aloud to my class when my cell phone rang. Now, I usually have my phone on silence and tucked away in my purse which is locked in the file cabinet. But, for some reason, I had my phone out that day and the ringer was not silenced. Suddenly "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" was blaring across the room. That was the ring I had set for only my adoption agency. It took me a minute to realize what I was hearing and who would be on the other end of the line. I broke all the rules and answered the phone right there in front of my class. Fortunately it was good news. Almost the best besides the pink slip from the embassy, which means it's time to travel. And my class celebrated with me. It was a joyful moment.

No comments: