Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gloria Got Her First Diamonds Today!

Well, simulated diamonds was what they called them at the doctor's office. But, they are shiny and sparkly and princess-like. You see, Gloria got her ears pierced today for her sixth birthday.

She has been counting down the days until today for a month with excitement mixed with a little nervousness. We had an appointment at the pediatrician's office for late this afternoon. Due to a scheduling conflict on their part, we had to change it to this morning. It was be late for school or deal with Gloria's devastation over having to do it on a day that was not her birthday. It was easier to be late for school. On our way over there, I knew she was getting more and more nervous because it was extremely quiet in the backseat of the car. When we got there, she looked awfully pale...almost green...and just curled up in my lap. I felt so bad for her, but she insisted that this was what she wanted. I tried to distract her with silly talk, but she was having none of that.

The doctor came in dancing and excited and singing "We're gonna' pierce your ears. We're gonna pierce your ears." That made Gloria laugh and she did so well after that. She wanted to sit in my lap and hold my hands. I knew she was strong, but geesh! She really squeezed hard! After the first earring was in, Gloria started laughing. "I got my ear pierced!" Of course we still had to do the other one. But, there wasn't a single tear or a wince or anything. When we were done, she bounced out of the doctor's office stopping only to admire herself in the mirror. Where she had been almost green just a little while earlier, she was absolutely glowing. "I feel like a princess! I have diamonds in my ears! I feel so beautiful!"

My little girl is growing up. Six years old. Pierced ears. But still my little Glo-bug!

No comments: