Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Movie Night?

We always try to do something "family" on Friday night: movie night, game night, dinner out, swim at the Y...just something different from every other night. Last night Gloria said she wanted to have movie night with Mary Poppins and popcorn.

Now, I don't let her watch much television during the week. I tell her that too much tv will rot her brain. She just laughs at me. Lately she hasn't even asked to watch tv because we have been busy. On the way home this afternoon, she slapped her hand to her forehead with "Oh no!" Further inquiry led to this: "I forgot that Friday is movie day at after school care and I wanted to have movie night tonight at home. Oh no! I've already had my brain rot for the day! Now what will we do? I really, really, really, really wanted to watch Mary Poppins tonight!"

Needless to say, we're sitting here watching Mary Poppins (in the fox hunt scene from inside Bert's street painting). Popcorn will be served shortly.

Gotta' go...it's time to sing along with "Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!"

No comments: