Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

This post is part of "Hi/Lo Thursday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to read everyone else's "Hi/Lo" posts and for a chance to win $100.

As I've mentioned before, Gloria and I discuss the happy/sad or best/worst or good/bad about each day while we are eating dinner. Her comments tonight for the week were:

Good: the things she ordered with a birthday gift certificate arrived today. There's nothing like a big brown box waiting for you at the door when you get home in the afternoon, especially if it is a way of extending your birthday celebration.

Bad: Falling on the steps at after-school care and getting bruises on her legs.

Of course, then she turns it around on me. You know, there are so many little things that I notice each day. But generally, things are good. This week, though, I've been struggling to recognize the good points. That said, my high point for the week was realizing that we made it to the Y four times this week. We swam together on Sunday and then I was able to work out three other times. I am committed to getting myself back into shape.

The low point for the week is something that so many of us are facing. It's the whole economic outlook right now. We are required to start our weekly staff meetings with budget updates from the county office. This week, it was grim. We are potentially facing losing teaching staff, pay cuts, furloughs...nothing that many other places are not facing too, but it's really hard to see how the current state of affairs is going to impact teaching and learning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was excited to see a big brown box sitting at my door when I arrived home. I was excited until I opened it and realized it was my mail order prescription. Not so fun! LOL

Glad yours was much more exciting, Gloria.-Aunt Martha