Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

From Snow Day to Sick Days

I knew my Glo-bug wasn't feeling well when she wasn't overly interested in the snow on Monday. We got up on Tuesday morning and she still had a temperature of 102. I quickly called my grade level administrator and the sub line, got us dressed, and headed to school to get some lesson plans ready for a substitute. I'm one of those teachers who has to write everything out and organize everything "just so" for a sub. I want everything to go as smoothly and normally as possible when I am out. After we came home I called the pediatrician's office. Of course they wanted to see her, given the symptoms I described, but they couldn't see us until late in the afternoon.

Gloria spent the entire day lying on the sofa, watching TV. Normally, I would limit the television to 30 minutes, but not yesterday. She didn't eat or drink much and was just miserable. The trip to the doctor's office was met with protests and tears and she fell asleep in the car. A quick swab confirmed that she has the flu. Tylenol and fluids are the best we can do. The thing is...she had the flu shot. I didn't. I'm doomed, I fear!

Today, I could tell she was starting to feel better, although still somewhat tired. She spent the morning watching a DVD ("Little House on the Prairie"). After lunch, she perked up and started teaching school with her imaginary class. She also wrote a story that she wants to publish, so look for that soon! Those two things were a sure sign that things were headed back to normal. I think she wore herself out though. Teaching will do that to a person, you know?!? She was back on the sofa before dinner time, but no fever.

She is out of school for the rest of the week because of parent-teacher conferences. Tomorrow, I will go to my conference, take her to the dentist, and visit the pediatrician (yes, again! We already had her 6 year old well-check scheduled before she got sick...they couldn't do both on Tuesday because her doctor wasn't in that day...). So, between snow days and sick days, I'm hopeful that I will get to work at least one day this week...on Friday! Unless I get the flu...

No comments: