Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Gotcha' Day!

This is March 1, 2004. My parents traveled with me to Guatemala. Mom had gone with me when I made a visit trip at Thanksgiving, but this is the first time my dad met Gloria as well as the moment she was placed in my arms for ever.


Fast forward five years and here we are now.

In many ways, five years has been the blink of an eye. In other ways, it's been a lifetime. And it is our lifetime together as a family. I don't know that I was totally prepared for all the ways my life would change, and motherhood is far from easy, but I absolutely wouldn't trade it for the world. We have laughed and cried, played, traveled, made new friends that we might not otherwise have met if is was not for adoption, learned so much and grown so much that I am in awe as I reflect on it all.

This morning, I was greeted with a big hug and "Happy Gotcha' Day, Momma. Today's the day I got you for ever!" On the way home from church, I reminded her that today is Uncle Will and Aunt Martha's anniversary. She gasped and said "That's so cool! They got married on the same day as us!" I laughed and she rolled her eyes at me and informed me that "You know what I mean."

I am so thankful for my beautiful little girl and the life we have together. Can't wait to see what the next five years, and many more beyond that, have in store for us!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!!!!!
Hope you had a grand celebration even if it was a dreary day. Ellie wants to make sure you know it's SNOWING!!!!!

Andrea said...

Happy Gotcha Day!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it has already been 5 years. Time flies.

Sorry you were feeling bad, Gloria. I hope you are feeling better.

Love,
Aunt Martha