Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

So today was Mother's Day. I think this was the first time that Gloria really got into the whole idea of Mother's Day. She had a special card for me and a story about me that she had written at school. She was so excited to present them to me this morning after I woke up. The day continued in the usual Sunday manner: church, laundry, errands, etc. The one thing that Gloria insisted on was taking me out to dinner. I resisted at first because I didn't really want to take myself out for dinner. I would have been perfectly happy at home with "breakfast for dinner" like we do every Sunday night. But, as I said, she insisted. She told me "You have to drive because I don't know how, but I will spend my money for dinner." I could tell that this was really important to her, so I agreed. She wanted to take me to Q*Doba. We enjoyed our naked burritos while sitting outside, enjoying the late afternoon sun. Then we went over to the fountain and threw pennies in it while making wishes. It was such a nice, peaceful time.

As I was watching her eat, I just couldn't believe how grown up she has become! Her mannerisms, her speech and her word choices, her face...there is such a maturity about her that I can't believe sometimes. How did that happen? My baby is growing up so fast. I've told her that I'm going to put a brick on her head to make her stop growing. She thinks that is so funny and tells me that she'll keep growing, just with a brick on top of her, so the brick will get taller, too. :)

Her card today told me that I am the best mommy for her. And she is the best daughter for me. I am so lucky and honored to be her momma, it just takes my breath away. She is my heart walking around outside of my body and sometimes it hurts to watch that. I love her so much and wouldn't be a mother if it wasn't for her.

No comments: