Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's Officially Swimming Season

We joined the Y in January. One of the many reasons I had for joining was the outdoor pool and water park that we could enjoy during the summer time. We have a pool in our neighborhood, but I don't enjoy being down there much, especially on the weekends. Too many people sitting around drinking beer and smoking, loud music, etc.

Anyway, we've been swimming some in the indoor pool at the Y, but the outdoor pool opened last weekend. Of course, we had a rainy Memorial Day weekend...actually week is more accurate. But this weekend was perfect. The temperature was in the upper 80's, low humidity, lots of sunshine. The water, however, was freezing cold! That didn't stop Gloria, although I will admit to simply sitting on the side of the pool, occasionally dipping my feet in to the icy chill. My little fish had a great time though. She LOVED the slides after she finally got brave enough to try them...particularly the tunnel one. I enjoyed seeing her face as she came to the end, about to splash into the water. The whole afternoon was so pleasant and enjoyable. We will be at the pool a lot this summer, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Friends said...

no pictures?

Merrill said...

Of me in a bathing suit???!!!??? NO WAY!!! Oh wait, of Gloria, you mean? Didn't take my camera. Sorry!