Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Momma, the Super Plumber!

We had a wonderfully fun afternoon and evening with friends. And there is so much I could blog about tonight. The girls really gave us lots of material this afternoon. I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time. But right before bedtime, I completely wowed my precious daughter right out of her mind.

We were changing her earrings back to regular little gold studs since I'm paranoid and don't want her sleeping with her little gold hoops in her ears. I had put one of the backs on a little too tight so I was trying to loosen it up just a smidge. Well, it loosened alright...the back went flying in one direction and the earring went right down the drain in the sink. I always close the drain when we are messing with her earrings, but not tonight. Which of course meant that tragedy had to strike!

I could see the earring lodged in the "sink goo" when I used the flashlight to look down there. But it was out of reach with the tweezers and it just went deeper down when I pulled some of the "stuff" out. Where there's a will, there's a way, right? I was going to get that earring out if it was the last thing I did tonight. It took me a minute, but I figured out how to remove the plunger thing-y from the sink. Unfortunately, the earring proved elusive and slipped down into the u-shaped pipe under the sink. Not to be deterred, I decided to take the pipes apart. Thank goodness for PVC pipes and easy to turn clamps! And I was smart enough to turn off the water. AND I was smart enough to put a pot under the pipe before I took it apart. Who says I can't do minor plumbing work?!? After taking that part of the piping out and tipping it into the bowl, we heard the "clink" of metal hitting metal. Sure enough, in the yucky pipe gunk, there sat the earring. VICTORY!!! (and I cleaned out the pipe, too. GROSS!!!)

Gloria marveled at the fact that I had actually retrieved the earring as she was sure that it was gone forever. "How did you know how to do that? I didn't know you knew how to take a sink apart! That's amazing. I'm impressed, Momma. You're the best!"

We cleaned the earring with alcohol and peroxide, just to be on the safe side, and we put some antibiotic ointment on it too..."just in case." I would have preferred to put another pair of earrings in her ears tonight, but she insisted on that particular pair. At almost 10:30 p.m....let's just say I wasn't going to argue with her. It would have been ugly.

Now, the Glo-bug is sleeping soundly (on the floor in my bedroom, but that's another post for another time). The sink is put back together and functioning properly. And, her bathroom has been cleaned thoroughly. Momma, the Super Plumber is going to go read for a little while before heading to bed myself.

No comments: