Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Sleeping Lonely

For the past few weeks, my little Glo-bug has been camping on the floor in my room. She is sleeping on her old crib mattress that has been under her bed for 4 years. I'm used to her crawling into my bed in the middle of the night after a bad dream every once in a while. But, a few weeks ago, she was asking to sleep in my bed from the start of the night. I told her no, which hurt her feelings terribly. She couldn't understand my reasons, even though I know I didn't really have to give her any other explanation other than "no." She is a very hot sleeper...she just radiates heat when she sleeps, which makes me hot, which means I can't sleep. She also takes her half of the bed out of the middle, leaving me with six inches (if I'm lucky). She continued to beg and beg, making bedtime more of a drama time than either of us need. I finally asked her to explain to me why she needed to sleep in my bed. Her answer was "Because when I sleep in my bed I am lonely." Really? Even with the bear, the dog, the blanket, the "lovey," the doll at the foot of the bed? Really? And besides...she's asleep for goodness sake! But she insists that she is lonely and wakes up feeling lonely. I offered her the option of sleeping on the floor in my room for one night a few weeks ago. Now it seems like it isn't going to end. I'm hoping this is just a phase. Either that or she is going to decide that the crib mattress is really too small and that she would rather be comfortable and "lonely" instead of on the floor in my room.

No comments: