Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Storm Clouds Were Brewing, but Then...

This morning was one of those mornings that makes me wish I could crawl back under the covers and hide. So many little things were adding up--the shell wouldn't peel off of my hard boiled egg I was going to eat for breakfast. Seriously! That egg wasn't going to be eaten! Then I tripped over the cat and knocked over her water dish. Water went all over the floor and into her food dish, which just happened to be full of fresh food. Sunglasses were missing in action. Gloria's coat was at school because she forgot it yesterday, and it was 41 degrees this morning. I spilled my hot chocolate on the passenger seat because I forgot that it wasn't in the cup holder where it should have been. Traffic on the way to school. The anticipation of another day of testing torture. Things were not looking good and it was only 7:45 a.m.! See what I mean about wanting to crawl back in bed?!? But then, as I was dropping Gloria at school...after she got out of the car and headed up the steps and I was about to drive on through the car pool line she turned around and yelled "Bye Momma! I love you!" That was my ray of sunshine that broke through the brewing storm.

1 comment:

brenna said...

Are you going to move to Australia? Your morning sounds like "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" ...some days are like that.

Hope things were better as your day went on.