Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Going to the Pool

This is a phrase that just makes me laugh when I think of my childhood. Growing up in Florida, we never had to "go to the pool" because the pool was in our backyard from the time I was in 1st grade (or was it kindergarten when we lived on Lake Elbert?) until I left for college. All we had to do was put on our bathing suits, walk out the back door, and dive in. Now, we have to "go to the pool" and that takes work!

When we decide to go swimming, the conversation and action in our house is something like this...

Bathing suits either on or in the bag? Check
Goggles? Check
Green band? (very important when swimming at the Y...The green neck band says that my little fish has passed the swim test and she can swim without me being within an arm's length at all times. More importantly, she is allowed to slide down the big slides) Check
Sunscreen? Check, check (I can't use hers or I'll itch like crazy and mine is too expensive for me to use on both of us!)
Water bottles? Check
Towels? Check
Flops? Check
Y card or pool pass? Check
Car keys and sunglasses? Check
Wallet with driver's license and cell phone? Check
Oh yeah...Gloria? Check

OK...now we're ready to go to the pool!

No comments: