Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Moving Day

Today we finally got to move in to our new school! By new, I don't just mean that I have transferred to a different location. I mean it is a brand new school. Over the past week or so, I have been waiting less and less patiently for the go ahead to begin moving my classroom materials. Today was FINALLY the day. It took three full loads in the back of my mommy-van and countless trips in and out of the building, but everything has been moved. I could not have done it without Gloria's hard work. She pulled a wagon full of boxes every time I was pulling a hand truck full of more boxes. And she never complained, not once. Most of the time she had a smile on her face and was skipping down the hall, pulling the wagon behind her. (And of course, I didn't sweeten the deal with the offer of $5...not me...I would *never* do that in order to fend off complaints of "I'm hot" or "I'm tired" or "I'm sweaty"...Never...)

A few pictures to show what we accomplished today as well as the work I have ahead of me this week...

The first load of the day. There is a second row of those large boxes behind what you can see.

Gloria took the next five pictures to show all of the things we moved today. I think she did a pretty good job of getting the panoramic view!








No comments: