Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Quick Trip to the Beach

While we were in Florida, we also took a quick trip to the beach. We headed over to Vero Beach with my mom for one night. We had lots of fun playing in the sand. The water was really rough with lots of big, strong waves. (I have pictures that show how big the waves were, but I took them with my "real" camera and still need to get the film developed.) Gloria and I ventured into the water one time, but it lasted probably less than five minutes. We were happily jumping over the waves until one broke right on top of us and tossed us onto the sand. That was enough for Gloria, which was fine with me. My mom took quite the beating though as she kept trying to get out beyond where the waves were breaking. That just wasn't possible that afternoon. We met some friends for dinner that night. The next morning, we spent some more time on the beach and in the pool before heading back to Polk County. I love the beach and am glad we had a little time to spend in the sand this summer!

My mom and Gloria, playing shuffleboard before heading out to dinner.



I love this picture of the two of them watching the ocean!

No comments: