Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lunch Time Conversation

It has been my experience that children want to know many details about their teacher's life. This year is proving no different. A conversation I had at lunch recently went like this...

Student: Ms. B, are you married?
Me: No.
Student: Oh, you just mean not yet. *brief pause* So, are you a grandmother in your family?
(It was all I could do not to choke on my food at that moment.)
Me: Um, nnnooo. Just a mom. My mom is the grandmother in our family.
Student: Oh, I just thought maybe you were since you're so old.
Me: (Thinking WHAT!!!???) Just how old do you think I am? (a question I instantly regretted)
Multiple students chimed in, arguing over how old I might be. Answers included 25, 43, 58, 67, and 72. One reasonable student pointed out that I could not have been teaching for 17 years if I was only 25, which made the numbers go higher.

You just never know what you will hear or discuss in the elementary school cafeteria on any given day!

No comments: