Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Why I Like Being at an "Early" School

I never thought I would say it, but I actually like being at a school that has an early start time. It's not just the school itself (which I do love). The only thing I don't like is that it is still pitch dark when we walk out the front door every morning. That and the fact that getting up at 5:15 requires going to bed much earlier than I would like, given that I tend more towards the night-owl end of the spectrum. However...

  • I love looking at the moon and stars with Gloria as we drive to drop her off at before-school care each morning. We talk about the phases of the moon, and we see the morning star quite often. She loves to see if the moon is "following us," especially when there is a full moon.
  • I love watching the sky begin to show hints of the sun rise as I drive east. The pinkish-reddish-orange-y color leads to a blue-ish, dark gray, with the dark black above it. Sometimes there are puffy clouds that glow with the rising of the sun. There is a point where suddenly I have left "night" behind and entered "day." It's kind of cool.
  • I love that we dismiss at 1:45. There's still lots of time to do things in the afternoon.
  • I love that I can pick Gloria up in the carpool line each afternoon (except staff meeting days). She always comes skipping to the car with a big smile on her face. I love her "Hi, Momma!" as she climbs in the back seat and buckles her seat belt. Every day I ask her why she is so happy. Typically, her response is "I get to go back tomorrow!" She loves school. I will admit, though, that I miss seeing her face light up when she realizes I have arrived to pick her up from after-school care and the huge hug she greets me with. I still get that on staff meeting days, though.
  • I love that we can go to the Y after school in time for Gloria to go to a kids exercise class or her dance class, depending on the day, and I can work out too. This is the first time she has ever been able to take a dance class because everything for her age has always started before I could get her there when I was working at a "late" school.
  • I love that we can come home and have some down time before running the dinner, bath, and bedtime race.

No comments: