Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, November 22, 2009

"I'm Glad We're Not Rich"

Last night after I put Gloria to bed, I was in my room just puttering around. Evidently that meant it was time to chat about life back and forth across the hall. G was chattering on about this and that and then asked, "Momma, are we poor?" Naturally I responded with a question of my own..."Why would you ask that?" She was asking because she knows I try to be really careful about how we spend our money and don't buy lots of extra stuff "just because." Her next comment was "I'm glad we're not rich." Huh?!? Her explanation was something about how she's glad we don't live in a fancy house where you can't touch anything and have to worry about messing something up. And then she went on to tell me how if we were rich, there would be just tons and tons of presents under the Christmas tree and you wouldn't be able to enjoy them all because there would just be so many. "It's better to just get a few things and then enjoy them. But Momma, we really are rich because we have each other, and that's what matters." I like the way she thinks!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

AWE!!! Sweet and smart girl! We have a lot to be thankful for this season!