Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, November 2, 2009

It Was Bound to Happen Sometime...

I've been packing lunches for both of us for how long now? 5+ years? And today was the first time I did it, so I'm thinking that's not a bad track record.

I opened my lunch box at school today and discovered Gloria's lunch. That could only mean one thing...my lunch was in Gloria's lunch box. Now, either lunch is perfectly fine and something either one of us would eat on any given day. However, what was supposed to have been my lunch of beans and rice needed to be zapped in the microwave. But Gloria had that. I had her taco salad. No re-heating necessary.

I called her school and explained the situation, asking if someone would please heat her lunch up for her today. The person who answered the phone assured me that she would deliver the message and it would be taken care of. Then she laughed and said that was the first time she had ever had that happen.

Guess who will be looking over my shoulder as I pack lunch boxes in the morning...:)

No comments: