Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Meltdown at the Mall

Yesterday, Gloria and I went to the mall. I needed a new pair of jeans. After finding what we were looking for, we decided to walk through the mall. Since it is mid-November, it is completely decorated for Christmas...of course...We window shopped a little bit and were chatting about this and that. One thing she asked me was if Santa would be there. Silly me...I told her it was too early for him to already be at the mall. Oh how wrong I was! We rounded a corner and came upon a Christmas tree that nearly touched the ceiling. A white fence was around it. And somehow she knew...she knew that on the other side was the old man dressed in red. And she is some kind of terrified of SC. I don't know why. She can't explain it. I'm not even sure the word "terrified" adequately conveys her dislike of him. (But she loves the presents he brings...) The child froze, not to move another step, closed her eyes, put her hands over her ears, and absolutely fell apart. This is so out of character for her in any other situation. She loves the Easter Bunny and plans for her picture with him each year. She doesn't mind other characters either. But Santa...uh uh...no way. The guy who was standing at the entrance asked if she wanted to see Santa. Let's just say that didn't help matters any! Finally, I got her to calm down enough to walk around to the other side so we could continue on our way. She hid behind me until it was "safe" though. I'm not sure I will be able to get her back in the mall again before Christmas. Which is probably a good thing, when I stop to think about...less money I'll be tempted to spend. ;)

No comments: