Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Night Before Traveling

With the greatest apologies to Clement C. Moore!

Twas the night before traveling, when all through the house
Every creature was stirring, including Hannah Cat chasing her mouse.
The suitcases were packed--everything stuffed in there,
In hopes that we all have the right clothes to wear.

Gloria should be nestled all snug in her bed,
With visions of grandparents dancing in her head.
And Momma should be in bed with the cat on her lap
Settling in for a (hopefully) long, good night's nap.

But out of the cabinets and drawers, there's a mess.
Where is that sweater? We can't find her dress!
Away down the stairs I flew like a flash,
Scaring HC, who ran into a bag with a crash!

The moon's barely shining, and I'm glad there's no snow.
But I sit here and ask "Will we be ready to go?"
Because every minute, in my mind should appear...
More things I should pack...I'm running out of room, I do fear.

Tomorrow we drive, so lively and quick.
It will take us 10 hours. G, don't get carsick!
More rapid than eagles, the van it will go.
We're taking the "southern" route...I40's a no.

A rest area, a restaurant, now where's that gas station?
Something tells me this must be our Christmas vacation!
To Atlanta! To Birmingham! To Holly Springs!
At last, "MEMPHIS!" we will finally sing.

We will unpack the car. Hada will assist.
Hannah will leap from my arms with a twist.
Emmett and Screamer and Hannah Cat too!?!
This could get ugly with a hiss or a growl...or quite a few...

This Christmas, more memories will be made.
Toys will be opened, games will be played.
We'll laugh and we'll talk, we'll do last minute shopping.
There will be lots to do...I'm sure we'll be hopping!

Children, cats, and grown-ups galore.
Presents under the tree will cover the floor.
Family will be together at last.
Our time together will fly by entirely too fast

But for now, I must pack and be ready by morning.
The clock hands are moving, giving their warning...
Go to bed! Get some sleep!
The alarm will soon beep!

So now I suppose I will turn off the light.
Good night to all. I hope you sleep tight!

No comments: