Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life with Two Cats

There's never a dull moment, that's for sure!

Poor Screamer--he's going to think his name is "get down!" That seems to be all I ever say to him. He's always on the kitchen counter, the stove, the piano, the book shelf, the top of the television...you get the idea. I'm not sure he really knows how to get down, though. Maybe that's all an act...Although, he does fall off the back of the chair when he tries to get up there with Hannah. Screamer also enjoys perching on my chest and pulling my hair with his mouth at 2:30 in the morning. "Get down!" comes out of my mouth yet again. But he is persistent, so that gets followed up with "Go AWAY!" I mean, come on...it's the middle of the night...I am NOT getting up to feed a cat at that hour. At least, that's what I think he wants.

However, I have to forgive him all of that because he is so sweet and tolerant of Gloria's attention and affections. He lets her carry him around like a rag doll (sometimes) and puts up with being rocked in her arms while she sings "Rock-a-bye baby" to him. He likes to curl up on her feet at night. He does that to me, too. That little cat sure has some serious body heat!

Hannah Cat has been seeking more attention than ever. There have been nights where both cats are in my bed, one on either side with me sandwiched in between them. And I'm here to tell you that they do not move an inch when I try to move! HC lets me know when Screamer is misbehaving. She sits up with her ears perked and her eyes wide. Then she starts creeping into whatever room he is in while looking back at me as if to say "Well??? Aren't you coming? The baby is at it again! Come on!"

The two of them are going through more cat food than I ever thought possible for two small cats. HC is used to eating two times a day. Screamer is used to eating any time of day, on demand. I'd like to say that Screamer is becoming more like Hannah Cat. Sadly, the opposite is the reality. Part of the problem, I think, is that Screamer eats anything HC leaves in her bowl so there is nothing for her to go back to when she leaves some for later. And they wrestle and chase each other. It sounds like a herd of cows trampling up and down the stairs as they pursue one another. Then they tackle each other and roll around growling and carrying on before jumping up and running again. They act like they hate each other, but then we find them curled up together for a nap on Gloria's bed.

No comments: