Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, February 15, 2010

That's Not What I Want to Be!

This afternoon, Gloria and I were headed to the Y. Somehow we got on the topic of what she wants to be when she grows up. The usual list...a teacher, a writer, an artist. I reminded her that she has also mentioned being a veterinarian. The conversation that followed went something like this:

G: You mean a vet.
M: That what I said. A veterinarian.
G: No! A vet. Not someone who only eats vegetables. That's not a job!
M: (laughing, which of course got me in trouble) No. You're right. Eating vegetables is not a job. But I think you mean a vegetarian.
G: (indignant because I was laughing) Well how was I supposed to know? They sound almost the same!

No comments: