Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not Much Going On!

It seems that not much has been going on lately. It was the end of the school year. Gloria finished 1st grade and is ready for 2nd. She auditioned for and was accepted into the choir school at our church. And now she is at Camp Magee-Hada for the month of June. Really she is just spending the month with my parents, but it's more fun to call it "camp." It's been really quiet around the house without her. Well, except for the presence of two furry feline creatures who insist on waking at 5:15 a.m., even on weekends or on the first official day of summer vacation (today)! They are both sacked out on the sofa right now. Maybe I should go crawl on them and talk and pull their hair and insist that they get up RIGHT NOW! Or maybe I should just let sleeping cats lie...

It's funny how I have reverted to my "pre-mom" days. Since it's just me around here right now, I haven't felt the need to cook a real dinner every night. Fruit and cereal is ok sometimes, right? ;) And microwaved left-overs while sitting on the sofa watching mindless tv is ok sometimes, too, right? There is definitely less laundry to do and less that needs to be picked up. I've taken a nap just about every day since she's been gone, but I'm chalking that up to a nasty sinus infection that really threw me for a loop (and not the reading I've been trying to do so that I can work on my thesis!).

I know when my Glo-bug comes home we will quickly fall into our summer routine of swimming and local "adventures." I'm looking forward to that. Until then, I think I'll have a bowl of cereal for dinner and try to do some more reading.

No comments: