Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Friday, June 25, 2010

She NEEDS to Hug Me

Gloria has been at her grandparents' house for three weeks. It's been a long three weeks sometimes, but then again it has gone by so quickly. I finished the school year and fought an upper respiratory infection while she was gone. There were a few days between the end of school and my travel to northern VA where I really missed her. The house was too quiet and I just didn't really know what to do with myself. I've been in VA at the seminary for a week and have really gotten a good amount of work done on starting my thesis. I really wish I had another week--I could really knock a big chunk of it out if I did. I half-jokingly suggested that to Gloria on the phone this morning. She wasn't going to hear of any such thing. "NO MOMMA!! NO!! I NEED to hug you! It's been TOO long!" Yeah, I need to hug her too. It has been too long. Just have to hang on 'till tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

What is the topic of your thesis? When do you expect to graduate? This will be a MACE, correct? That's what I have, too. Master of Arts in Christian Education with a specialization in childhood education.

Good work, Merrill. Keep it up!