Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Traveling Thoughts

What a strange day it has been. I drove from home to Alexandria...with quite a few random observations...

  • I had very little "stuff" in my car. One suitcase, my computer, a school bag, and a bag of snack stuff...that was it! It has been years (6 1/2 to be exact) since I have traveled like that! No toys, games, travel entertainment, extra suitcases, strollers, or what ever all that other stuff I pack and haul with us happens to be. And best of all, NO cats in the car yowling about how badly they want out of their carriers.
  • Highway 29 was a nice alternative to I95. It was a pretty drive and really easy except for all the traffic lights between Charlottesville and I66. Is it possible that most of the traffic lights in VA were on that stretch of road today?
  • And, continuing the thought from above...so many traffic lights, so few (acceptable) places to stop for a bathroom break! Guess that was the trade-off for avoiding 95.
  • I realized that every time I have come up here, EVERY time--and that would be 6 times including today--I have never gone home the same way I came. Always different reasons why, and this time is no exception.
  • I haven't lived in a dorm for how many years??? But here I am for this week.
  • I hope the cats haven't destroyed the house yet. Actually, they are probably fine so far...it's only been 12 hours. They're somewhat used to that on a "long" day. But what happens tomorrow, or the next day, or the next?
  • Why, oh why is this whole thesis so daunting to me? Ugh!
  • I really, really, really miss Gloria! Only 6 more sleeps 'til she's back where she belongs!

No comments: