Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Food for Thought...Thoughts for Food

We typically eat a gluten-free diet.  Through some experimentation a few years ago, we learned that gluten might be the source of Gloria's nose bleeds and my arthritis-like symptoms in my back and shoulders.  We usually do pretty well with it, although we will "stray" every once in a while.  I know I feel so much better and don't hurt all the time when I stay gluten-free.  And I don't hear "Momma, I'm having a nose bleed" at two o'clock in the morning. 

Lately, we haven't been very good.  Just this week I can think of Chick-fil-a, lunch with friends at Cracker Barrel, and Subway today when traveling, have all been much easier and much more fun then making the gluten-free choices.  But we are both feeling the effects of it.  My back has been hurting all week and I've taken more Tylen*l than I care to have taken and Gloria has been having nose bleeds quite often.

Guess it's time to buckle down again and free ourselves of the gluten!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But we did have a good time at Cracker Barrel :)