Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, August 9, 2010

How to Escape from a Cat Carrier

Screamer here...I wanted to share my side of the story before Momma could make me out to be a bad cat like she says that I am.  She thought I needed to go to the vet today.  Now why in the world would she think that?!?  I can see perfectly fine through one eye while I squint through the other one.  And who cares about a little reddish colored discharge?  No biggie.  But NOOOOO, she insisted on taking me to Clear Creek Animal Hospital.  That's that place they do things I don't like.  I'm not going.  No way.  I'll show her who's boss.  Watch and learn...

Step 1:  Chew, tear, paw, and rip at the flimsy mesh that your human THINKS will contain you while riding to the vet until there is a hole the size of your head.


Step 2:  Sit back and admire your handy work...oh so briefly.  Also, do this again while at the vet's office so they will think your human is making up terrible lies about how you escaped and ran all over the car panting like a big shaggy dog.  I'm innocent, I tell you!

Step 3:  Escape through the head-sized hole.  But do it quickly so that no one can take a picture documenting that it was REALLY you that did it.  I'm pretty sure that black blur doesn't look a thing like me...(cough, cough...hairball...really...)

Step Four:  Leave the empty jail cell behind.

Step Five:  Act completely innocent.  Which I am, of course!  I didn't do anything!  I'm a goooood cat.

P.S.  The lady doctor put this really weird stuff in my eye.  It made my tears turn green (and it keeps running out my nose too...yuck). She says I have conjunctivitis and Momma has to put a drop in my eye three times a day for ten days.  Even did the first one right there in the office to show Momma how to do it.  Momma agreed and said I'm the "easy" one to handle.  Yeah, right.  That's what she thinks.  I'll show her who's boss!  I've watched Hannah Cat for long enough to have learned a thing or two about resistance.  And don't let her try and tell you that I repeated my escape act on the way home.  I wasn't panting like I was going to hyperventilate while the car was moving.  That wasn't me, I swear!

No comments: