Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Road Blocks to Writing


I was doing pretty well working on my thesis during July.  I was reading a lot of history, which means I was reading pretty s-l-o-w-l-y.  But I was reading.  Then we went on vacation.  So did my thesis work.  I was ok with that because I knew that Gloria would be at choir camp every day this week and I would have lots of time to work.  My plan was to write the first draft of the history part of my thesis.  What is it they say about the best laid plans???  Here is what happened this week instead of me writing every day:

Monday:  Took Gloria to choir camp.  Took Screamer to the vet.  Went to the grocery store.  Realized that all of the books I was using for my thesis were due at the seminary library on Friday.  Can't renew them...I've used my one renewal already! 

Tuesday:  Took Gloria to choir camp.  Went to school to work on packing my stuff so that it could be moved upstairs to a different classroom.  Shipped my books back to the seminary library.  Returned to church to assist with the afternoon activity for choir camp--80+ children walked to the bowling alley to bowl.  That was fun...and hot...and crazy. Went to the mall with Gloria after choir camp to do some back-to-school shopping.  New shoes for both of us. Clothes for Gloria.

Wednesday:  Took Gloria to choir camp.  Went to school to work on packing my stuff some more.  Had lunch with a sweet friend I hadn't seen in ages.  Ran a few errands.

Thursday:  Took Gloria to choir camp.  Went to school to move my stuff upstairs to my new classroom.  Returned to church to assist with the afternoon activities for choir camp.  Came home to move things upstairs so the downstairs carpets can be cleaned on Friday.

Friday:  Took Gloria to choir camp.  Came home to wait for "Stanley" to come steam clean my downstairs carpets.  Still waiting.  Will return to church for the Evensong that will close choir camp.

What is missing from all of that???  You guessed it....writing the history part of my thesis.  Oh boy...what am I going to do?  How am I ever going to get that done!??  Slightly stressed right now.

2 comments:

Brenna said...

So sorry for the writing distractions. Hang in there. Slow and steady wins the race. Praying for you, friend!

Brenna said...

What is the topic of your thesis?