Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

A "Boring" Saturday

Gloria got up this morning and said she wasn't feeling well.  So, she conned me into letting her watch part of her favorite movie, The Sound of Music, while curled up under blankets on the sofa.  About 11:30, she perked up and we made homemade gluten-free corn dogs together.  She finally decided to get dressed when I told her we needed to go take the recycling and pick up a few things at the grocery store.  But she had a really hard time deciding what to wear.  I just couldn't understand that.  She ALWAYS knows exactly what she wants to wear and it usually involves a skirt or dress.  There was pouting and complaining and general "Prunella" like behavior.  But she finally put on some clothes and off we went. 

On the way home, she was acting like she didn't feel well again and made a beeline for the sofa when we walked in the door.  The rest of her movie was watched and then the crankiness started over again.  What is going on?!?  

"This is a BORING Saturday!" she finally proclaimed as we were making some gluten-free pumpkin cookies.  I figured it was because she has a cold and that always makes her a little disagreeable.  But I was quickly corrected.  "There's no football game for me to watch.  I always watch the Tigers and then cheer for whoever is playing 'Bama.  I told you...this is a BORING Saturday!"

That was when I realized why she was so fussy about getting dressed this morning.  Every Saturday since we went to the Auburn-South Carolina football game in September, Gloria has worn a skirt my mom made for her.  It's made of material that has Auburn symbols all over it.  And she didn't wear it today since the Tigers weren't  playing today!  Guess I better make sure to pack it for our Thanksgiving trip!

And if today was a boring Saturday, I am not looking forward to the end of football season!  It will be a long winter, spring, and summer!!

No comments: