Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Once Again

Every year, I remember my Thanksgiving trip of 2003 when Mom and I traveled to Guatemala to see Gloria for the first time.  Even though we were in a hotel, our day was much like any other family Thanksgiving.  We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and had a turkey dinner (although we didn't do the cooking that year...).  This year is much the same.  The parade is over, dinner is almost ready, and we're enjoying time together.  We have so much to be thankful for:  family, friends, cats (both "bad" and "good"), good health, a job that I enjoy, and so many of the everyday things we tend to take for granted on a day to day basis.

Gloria wrote an acrostic poem at school about Thanksgiving.  Thought I'd share it with my readers today. (And yes, I know she spelled Thanksgiving wrong with the "e" in there, but I'm leaving it as she did it.)

Thanksgiving is a happy time
Happy family
A nice turkey dinner
Native Americans met the Pilgrims
K is my friend that I am thankful for
Seeing my Grandmother and Grandfather
Going to Fairfield
I'm getting to ride horses
Very thankful for my mother
Eating marshmallows in sweet potatoes
In Tennessee for Thanksgiving
Nice to my mother
Going away on a vacation

We are with my parents, in Tennessee.  They did ride horses yesterday.  Gloria has been nice to me so far.  And, I just put the sweet potatoes in the oven and will add the marshmallows shortly.  So I think we are doing quite well!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

No comments: