Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Matthew vs. Luke, According to a 7 year-old

Tonight, Gloria decided to start reading the Gospel of Matthew.  It was a suggestion on an Advent calendar that my mom gave her.  I didn't know that was what she was doing while I was working on some lesson plans.  I knew she was reading...just thought it was her AR book, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

When I finished my work I asked her to tell me about what she was reading.  "I like Luke better," was the response I got.

Huh?  I was confused and then asked what she was reading.  (Some day I will learn not to assume anything!)

"I'm reading Matthew.  I read the first three chapters.  But, I like Luke better.  I think he's a better writer.  He's easier to read and understand."

And then, while brushing her teeth, she caught me off guard again..."Momma, did Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John really write those books?  Or is that just what they want us to think?"

1 comment:

Brenna said...

So cute! Sounds like a future children's book idea for me: somehow comparing the 4 Gospels and giving reasons for their writing. hmmm...

Since she likes to read, check out my newest book The Multi-Colored Promise, available at my site and amazon and b&n.com