Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gas Leak

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day.  Sunny.  Blue sky.  About 55 degrees.  Just perfect.

So when we came home from school, Gloria went outside to play on the patio.  Screamer was sitting in the window, crying and pawing and desperate to join her.  I told him he could go out, but only on his harness and leash.  He didn't care as long as he got to go outside and sniff and roll and sit in the sunshine.  Fortunately this was in the back of the house because it really is embarrassing to be seen with a cat on a leash.

While walking around with him, I noticed an odor and realized it was coming from where my natural gas line enters my house.  Not good.  So I called the gas company to inquire.  The customer service representative took my information and told me the closest available technician would be out soon.  Then she had some directions for me:

  • Don't smoke or start a grill.  No problem--I don't smoke and I don't own a grill.
  • Don't start my car.  No problem--the car is on the opposite side of the house anyway and I really wasn't planning on going anywhere.
  • (This one was my favorite...)  Don't start your backhoe.  HUH???  My backhoe???  You mean I can't go dig a hole in my backyard while waiting for someone to come check this odor/leak?  Rats.  That's no fun!
The technician did come--over an hour later.  And there was a leak at a joint.  He tightened it and was gone in less than 5 minutes.

Wonder how long it's been leaking and how much money that has cost me???

And no, I didn't start my backhoe.  We were safe.  :)

No comments: