Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Ready for the Marathon

Not the running kind!  It's a thesis writing marathon.  I'm going to finish start this thing if it kills me.  It haunts me in my sleep.  Seriously!  And if I don't do it, I fear it will haunt me for the rest of my life.  Time is ticking and is perilously close to running.  So, I have everything I need for my marathon:

Most importantly, I have the next three days off from school so I can write.

As important as the necessary time...These arrived in three boxes at my doorstep today.  Thank you to the BPL and the CMT at VTS for the quick arrival!  Plus I have more of my own.  Fortunately, I have read and made notes on parts of many of these.  I don't have to read them


My outline and introduction have been written for *ahem* quite some time.  Since last summer actually. And I have lots of notes and thoughts.  I've got my notebooks, a good supply of paper, and a handful of pens and pencils.  I can't compose at the computer when I am doing this kind of writing.  So, I'll write during the day and then type after a certain someone goes to bed at night.



Time off, books, notes, pens, pencils, paper...what else do I need?  Oh yeah...look who will be at school.  :)  Who can concentrate with this around?  Gotta' love her though.  :)



I fully intend to go the library each day.  That way I will not have the distractions of being home, namely these two creatures, one who thinks she needs to be in my lap if I am working and one who just likes to torment me by knocking things off of shelves, counters, tables, the refrigerator...the list goes on and on.  When he's not being destructive, he's talking to the birds through the window and crying "Meout!!!  Meout!!!" (Seriously!  He says my name and "me-out" all the time.  It's creepy, really.)





Granted, they aren't the only distractions.  At the library there is no tv to watch, no computer to play games on or check in on Facebook (or blog).  There is not a kitchen with snacks or a dishwasher to unload or a counter to scrub.  No telephone, no email, no sofa inviting a nice nap.  Nope. None of that.  I've got to write.  I intend to write.  I will write.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Good luck. May you be distraction-free and able to write to the best of your ability.

When this is complete, will this be the final assignment to obtaining your Masters degree, a MACE? That's my Masters degree.