Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birthday Weekend!

My baby turned eight on Saturday.

We had her party on Friday night.  She wanted "fancy desserts" instead of a regular birthday cake for her party.  So I made chocolate covered strawberries and got some other goodies (petite fours, dessert sliders, and lemon squares) from the bakery.

She and her friends were impressed with the strawberries.  There weren't any left by the end of the night.

These treats went pretty quickly as well.

What a happy bunch!

The birthday girl.  Doesn't she look happy?
All the girls had a good time eating their desserts and playing games.  This was really an easy party for me.  I didn't have to "entertain" everyone.  They played lots of games from the game cabinet, and made up some of their own, too.  It was loud at times, but that's ok.  I think my neighbor will forgive me.  (The joy of living in a townhouse...that shared wall.)

Before bed, Gloria was talking about how her presents from me are always on the dining room table at her place on the morning of her birthday.  I'm glad she remembered, because I sure hadn't thought about that.  Can't disappoint a girl on her birthday!  I also put the gifts from Maggee and Hada and Uncle Will and Aunt Martha out.

The first present she opened...She was more than thrilled and put it on immediately.  No wondering what to wear today!  Thank you, Maggee and Hada!

I got her a W*bkinz tiger (which she says needs a blue bow around his neck...she LOVES her Auburn Tigers!) and a set of Beverly Cleary books that she had been wanting from the Sch*lastic book order.  Her hair cut was also something she had been asking for, so we did that too.  

We went out for breakfast at IH0P with Miss Beth and Mr. Greg, her Godparents.  I'm not sure which was more exciting...breakfast with two of her favorite people, the matching pajamas and slippers for Gloria and her American Girl doll that they gave her, or the gigantic ice cream sundae that arrived at our table after she had finished her breakfast.  I really thought she was going to pop from excitement at that point!  Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me this morning.

The rest of the day was spent playing with new toys and reading new books, watching a DVD, and helping me bake the flour-less chocolate cake for dessert tonight--which earned me two thumbs up and the comment "If I was an octopus, I would give you all my thumbs up...only an octopus doesn't have thumbs, so I'd have to give you all my tentacles up."  (Gotta' get back to gluten-free after the gluten fest we have had these past few days!  We're both suffering in our own ways from it all.)

This birthday has been proclaimed "the best birthday ever" and "totally awesome."

Happy birthday to my Glo-bug!  So glad you had a great 24 hours of celebrating!



7 comments:

Jen said...

WOW! Sounds like a perfect day to me too! You can tell by that beautiful smile that she had a blast!

Carrie said...

What a fun birthday party. I can't wait until my daughter tells me what she wants for her party :)

Kristi said...

Love the "fancy desserts!" How fun. It's clear your big girl knows just what she wants!

Mama Zen said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Daisy Dreams said...

What a fun birthday idea....love the little desserts; I'll have to remember this!

May said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl!! I have a daughter aged 8 too..:) I love the way you organized her party and all the treats you prepared. You are one super Mom!!!!

Sammons said...

Your birthday girl is beautiful and that spread looks amazing!