Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Homework Hissies

Can I just say...

I hate homework!

There.
I said it.

(And I'm a teacher.)

But as a parent...

I hate homework.
I hate the fuss.
I hate the drama.
And I really hate checking those 100 addition facts papers!
Heaven forbid I find a mistake on something.  One would think it was the end of the world.

Seriously.

It's just not worth it.

And it's tiresome.

Day
after
day.

Now, if it was just reading homework...I'd have a hard time getting her to STOP doing her homework.

But math?

Oh the pain.
The weeping.
The wailing.
The great gnashing of teeth.

She doesn't like math.
So she doesn't like to spend time on her math.
So she makes mistakes.
So she thinks she is bad at math.
So she doesn't like math.

See where I'm going with this one?  It's a vicious cycle.

I hate homework.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I hate homework too especially math and making clay maps...and we homeschool. LoL

Sandra Church said...

Sounds a lot like homework time at our house. Why do they think it is a good idea to keep adding to the math flash cards so that it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get through them with a whiny 6 year old who doesn't want to do them.......I feel your pain! (and if you think Math homework time is bad, you should witness piano practicing time on a bad night.....YIKES!)

Jennifer said...

Amen. I'm with you. I'm a teacher too and I HATE homework! :) Glad I'm not the only teacher that highly dislikes the homework thing. :)