Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Toomer's Corner

I came home from work on Thursday afternoon to have Gloria and my mom tell me about the 'Bama fan who poisoned the 100+ year old Live Oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn.  Gloria had heard about the tradition of throwing toilet paper into the those trees after winning football games from Uncle Will and from reading about it in a book.



(I borrowed this from by brother's Twitter page.)

Then she experienced it for herself after the first Auburn-South Carolina football game last September.


(Not a great picture.  Taken on Will's cell phone.)

Now, she is very sad about the trees.  As she puts it, "That was tradition.  Why would somebody want to ruin that?"  And I know that lots of people would agree with her.






Ni Hao Yall

2 comments:

Martha said...

Yes! we couldn't believe it either. My hubby ordered us the new t-shirt from tiger rags that came out Friday. All of the money raised from these shirts will go toward saving or replacing the trees. I did her that Bama has started raising money to help Auburn save their trees. I think they too were saddened by the actions of one of their crazed fans. I hope the trees make it.

DawnS said...

Yes! Even us Bama fans are incredibly saddened by these actions!