Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Seven Years Ago Today...

I was in Guatemala with my parents.  I was handed this little girl...


Who has grown into this big girl...



Who decided she needed to clown around in front of the camera tonight...





Close up shots...




Screamer wasn't very interested in a photo shoot tonight...



Not only did she steal my heart that day, she also stole my chocolate cake at dinner.  In honor of that, I made a chocolate mousse cake this afternoon.  She got her own slice, which meant I got MY own slice.  
No cake stealing tonight!  :)




Seven years.  It has gone by in a flash.  I find myself struggling to remember sometimes.  Where has that little girl gone?  She's still there in pictures and videos.  But she's growing up.  Turning into a young lady before my very eyes.

Seven years.  This is the child that the embassy doctor said was "experiencing serious developmental delays." ( I didn't know that until I *finally* received that elusive immigration packet a couple of years ago after several requests.  Imagine my surprise to read that.)  She wasn't walking, or even pulling up, at that point.  And crawling...not so much.  Talking...very little.  The crawling came quickly once we were home.  The walking took another six months. The talking...we used a lot of baby sign language until she decided to talk.  And she hasn't stopped talking ever since! Guess I'll never really know what that was all about.

Seven years.  Seven years of ups and downs, highs and lows, trials and triumphs.  This parenting thing is h-a-r-d!

There are so many thoughts swirling around in my head, I can't seem to straighten them out.  Maybe they will turn into their own blog posts in the days to come.

Seven years ago, a family began...our little family of two, mother and daughter.  Seven years ago, an extended family grew--there was a new granddaughter, niece, cousin.  Seven years ago, life as I knew it changed completely and forever.  Seven years ago, I was not the person I am today.  And neither was Gloria.  We have both grown and learned so much, individually and together.

Seven years ago, I had no idea I could love someone so much.  Or what it was like to have the love of a child in my life.

Happy Gotcha' Day, my little Glo-bug!

No comments: