Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Drowning in Paper!

I wish I could post about how I am enjoying leisurely days of sleeping in and relaxing.  Of fun with friends in the sunshine state.  Of memories Gloria and I were making.  It is, after all, my spring break.

But, I can't.

Sniff, sniff.

Thanks to last Friday's accident, we are stuck at home.

Gloria is at school.  She already had her spring break.

And me?

I'm surrounded by paper!
It's everywhere!

I knew it was bad.
I knew it was taking over my closet.
I knew I needed to attack it, ruthlessly.

I have three ummm....piles, yeah, piles I am sorting into:  file, shred, and keepsake.  Because right now?  It's all in the same boxes.

I didn't know how many things there have been (and I'm sure there are many more) that I make me wonder "WHY do I still have this???"

Like a newspaper renewal notice from 2006.
Or an ATM slip from 2005.
Or a Chick-fil-a receipt from...a long time ago.

My paper shredder is working overtime.
Seriously.  It keeps getting too hot and stopping.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

But it feels soooooo good!
I've already gone through and gotten rid of lots of "stuff."  Goodwill should stay in business for a while.  ;)  But the paper clutter.  Oh. my. goodness.

No comments: