Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Week In Review--Sunday Snapshot

I'll just go ahead and say it...
This week was R.O.U.G.H.
I had a severe case of the back-to-school blues after my spring break.  
I know summer is coming--only 6 more weeks for me.  Just 5 for Gloria.  Lucky girl!
But it was so hard to go back on Monday.  
And I was feeling so blue.
It took several days to really feel back in the swing of things.

Good news arrived in the form of a message on my cell phone on Tuesday.  My car was ready to be picked up.  The repairs were finished.  I was so happy to be back in my own car.  I really like my car, which is a good thing, considering the amount of time I spend in it every day.  And I really did NOT like the rental car they gave me, which made getting my own car back that much better.  Now if we can just get rid of that fresh paint smell we'll be in great shape!

On Monday and Tuesday, we installed this...
on the window sill in my room.  Screamer LOVES it and says "Thank you Maggie and Hada!  You're the best!  This thing is awesome!  And Hannah Cat, old neurotic thing that she is, is scared to death of this thing, so it's all M-I-N-E!  Mine, mine, mine, mine, MINE!!!  Yipee!!!"  It might save my window sill and blinds from being destroyed.  An added bonus:  I can remove the printer and large storage box from my bedroom that had inadvertently become his perch!  


By Wednesday, the Easter eggs were mostly empty.  Gloria had lots of help from Momma enjoyed her jelly beans and chocolates a little at a time.


 On Friday, Gloria insisted on getting up at 4:00 to watch the Royal Wedding.  That wasn't too much of a stretch since we already get up at 5:00 every week-day morning.  She thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it...right up until we had to leave for school.  She did get to see them exchange their vows though.  We also watched some recaps on Friday night, so she was satisfied.  It was so beautiful--all of it.  Well, except for a few of the hats....what were some of those women thinking?  Gloria gasped when she saw Catherine's gown.  "Oh Momma!  She's beautiful and gorgeous!  She looks like a princess!"

On Saturday morning, I had put the newspaper down on the table.  Screamer (who's other name is Bad Cat, if you recall) jumped up and began to study it very intently.  Suddenly he attacked it with a vengeance.  Can you see who he tore out of the picture?  What was up with that???


And finally, this is what it looks like after getting up at 4 a.m. on Friday, having a full day of school, playing in a make-up soccer game at 5:45, going to bed late after watching recaps of the Royal Wedding, only to have to get up early on Saturday morning to play an 8:15 a.m. regularly scheduled soccer game, and ending the day with a three hour birthday party.

She may be eight, but I still love watching her sleep.  Those puffy lips and the way her hair mats against her forehead and the way she still snuggles up with her beloved "Bubbie" that she has slept with since she was 13 months old....love it!  My sweet angel!  Sweet dreams!


7 comments:

Jen said...

Here's to hoping NEXT weekend you can relax a bit!

Martha said...

I got up that early to watch it even though the DVR was recording it. I wanted to see it as it happened.

LeeAnn said...

LOVE the sleeping picture of your daughter....so, so sweet! :)

Shonni said...

That last picture is just precious!!!

the meaklims said...

Wow. You're a busy Momma! I guess the cat didn;t like Camilla?! ;) and what a precious exhausted girl!

Jill

The Gang's Momma! said...

Thanks for stopping by.... Sounds like your weekend was as busy/crazy as ours.... Yard sale to raise $$ for our next adoption. And I'm still trying to recover from the late nights and early mornings I had to do to get it all up and running!

anything but LoKEY said...

I feel the same way about my 8 year old. I am really trying to savor these last moments of her still being a little girl. Her still anting to snuggle her babies and even climb in my lap occasionally. (Sigh) I know it will be over before I know it. :)

Great idea with the cat perch too, btw!