Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Why I'm Glad Easter is Over

Ok...not just Easter, but all those holidays that have c-a-n-d-y involved.

Seriously!

It all started in September.  You know, back to school displays immediately changed to shelves and shelves of Halloween candy.   Autumn mix is my weakness.  Well, that and all the individual, bite-sized pieces of chocolate.

And after halloween?  The Christmas candy.  There's always a seasonal chocolate-peppermint something that I really like.

Christmas ends and the Valentine's Day candy instantly appears.  Brach's conversation hearts...I won't tell you how many bags of those we went through!

And as soon as you blinked, on February 15th, the Easter candy was on the shelves.  I love jelly beans--the Starburst red mix is awesome!  Oh, and the Cadbury cream eggs--there were little miniature ones this year. Bite-sized and oh, so good.  And how could I leave out the Reese's peanut butter eggs!

Now that Easter is over, there is a break in my candy consumption.  There isn't a special candy for Mother's Day or the 4th of July or Labor Day.  Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Karen said...

So with you on that one......I have no willpower for the treats - but I personally prefer the Brachs cheap jelly beans - can eat those by the poundful :)