Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bathing Suit Shopping

It really should be so hard!

And I'm not talking about for me--I avoid that if at all possible.  For example, last year's bathing suit is still in good shape, so it is this year's bathing suit.  Thus, I have avoided my own bathing suit shopping this year.

I'm talking about for Gloria!

The styles are just too...grown up, revealing, inappropriate, skimpy, tacky.

She really prefers the two piece "tankini" style.  But it's hard to find something that covers her tummy or isn't cut in a deep "v" in the front.  I just don't think she needs to expose that much skin.  She's eight, for goodness sake!  We found one a few weeks ago that is okay.  Not great, just ok.  I had to tie a knot in the straps to pull it up enough in the front.

We found another one on Saturday that was ok, but I just wan't completely thrilled with it.
So today we ventured to Kohl's.
Where she proceeded to try on many different swim suits.  I lost count after six, I think.

We finally found one we both agreed on.
It's cut straight across the top in the front.
It's long enough to cover her tummy.
The bottom isn't too high cut and it doesn't have words across the back side.
It cost twice what the ones at Target or Wal-Mart cost, even though it was on sale.

But in the name of modesty and age appropriateness, it is hers.
She loves it.
And I'm comfortable with her wearing it.

Hopefully we're done with this chore...
until next summer!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I have the best luck at GAP or Old Navy - they have cute suits for my little & my oldest dd (almost 12) can find a 2 piece that 1. doesn't have padding in the top & 2. covers all her parts.

Kait said...

Oh my gracious isn't it a nightmare finding clothes for little girls? My oldest is getting in to girls sizes instead of toddler and I can't believe some of the things that are available.

Glad you found something that works for you!