Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Backyard Bandit (Sunday Snapshot)

Usually we have Mr. Cardinal and his friends in our bird feeder.  The cats sit on the window sill and chirp and chatter at them while the Cardinal Clan enjoys feasting on the seed Gloria puts out every day.


Earlier this week, I came downstairs after putting Gloria to bed to find the cats more agitated than usual.  They were pacing the window sill, tails twitching, chirping and carrying on more than usual.  I figured "Jumpy Squirrel" was in the bird feeder.  But it was later than his typical feeding time, so I decided to take a look.  Here's who was out there...


When he noticed me (and my camera), he got down and looked at me as if to say "Hey.  You just interrupted my meal.  I worked hard for this time slot.  Go away."



He has returned several nights this week.  And has earned the name "Bandit."  The cats watch in agitation.  Gloria watches in fascination.  And I just wonder who's next in our backyard buffet!



Sunday Snapshot

1 comment:

Jen said...

WOW! What fun to watch...I have heard they are super MEAN...so be careful!