Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thank You Notes

I was taught that you write personalized thank you notes to people who give you gifts or do nice things for you.  Thank the giver for the specific item, mention how you will use it or why you will enjoy having it, offer a personal comment that is specific to the giver, and thank him/her once again.  And I am trying to teach Gloria the same thing.

But it's really hard when she keeps receiving those fill-in-the-blank thank you notes.

You know, the ones that say

Dear ________,
Thank you for the _________.
Your friend, __________


Or some variation on that general theme.

Those things make me crazy.

I know they are simple.
I know they are quick.

But they don't express anything other than "I'm doing this because I have to."

There's no thought.
No effort.
No personal touch.

Maybe I'm just "old."
I know I'm older than many of the other moms from Gloria's class.

Or maybe I'm just "old fashioned"
Don't like those new-fangled, time saving thank you notes!

We will still write personal notes each time a thank you note is needed.

Dear Reader,
Thank you so much for reading this post.  I really appreciate the time you spend reading my blog.  I love to see my stat counter climb each week!  And comments?  Those are awesome!  I hope you'll come back again soon!
Sincerely,
Momma



2 comments:

Martha said...

Dear Momma:
Thanks so much for teaching thank you notes to your girl. It's fast becoming a lost art. Keep up the good work and thanks again.
Until next time,
BerryBliz

Brenna said...

Too many children these days have the thought that gifts are expected and they don't do thank you cards. They say 'thank you' but they don't take the time to write our their thank you thoughts.

Thank you for sharing your blog with us.